Vitamin-E Acetate Notice
To Our Valued Business Partners and the Public at Large:
You may be aware of certain headlines describing health concerns about “vaping” and, speciﬁcally, recent incidents of injury or death. We would like to clarify the issues so that consumers and the public can take the necessary precautions.
Early research and data provided by our company scientists, as well as from the FDA and other public health entities, indicates that many of these recent tragic deaths are linked to the consumption of black market and/or adulterated THC cartridges. It is speculated, yet not fully conﬁrmed, that a molecule called Vitamin E Acetate has been responsible for the adverse health outcomes reported in many of the cases. Vitamin E Acetate can be formed when Vitamin E and Acidic Acid are present in a formula that has a pH value below 4.8. Our preliminary analysis shows that legitimate nicotine vaping products do not contain Vitamin E Acetate and do not have pH values below 4.8. In addition, VaporSupply manufactured products do not contain Vitamin E Acetate.
We encourage you to not buy or sell black market products or thickening agents that
can be used to modify products in a way that could result in the production of Vitamin E Acetate. Modiﬁcation of nicotine products is not only unsafe, but illegal. Further, we encourage everyone to educate themselves and share with others the importance of only purchasing products from reputable sources and to never modify them for other purposes.
As always, it is important to stay educated, informed and engaged. Thank you for your inquiries, and please continue to take the time to ask questions in order to better inform others. Hopefully, with your help, organized and responsible nicotine delivery companies can be separated from this misinformed media coverage. Our company will continue to lead eﬀorts to ensure quality assured products are available for our customers and the market.
What can you do?
1. DO NOT BUY OR SELL black market products.
2. DO NOT BUY, SELL, OR USE THICKENING AGENTS that could be used to modify (adulterate) products in a way that could result in the production of Vitamin E Acetate. Modiﬁcation (adulteration) of nicotine products is not only unsafe, but illegal.
3. If you vape, consider ONLY reliable products from RESPONSIBLE MANUFACTURERS.
4. EDUCATE yourself and others on the importance of purchasing products only from reputable sources and not modifying them for other purposes.
- VTA RESPONDS TO CDC & FDA STATEMENTS
- VTA Responds to Trump Administration; Calls Proposal Misguided
- Department Warns Against Use of Black Market Vaping Products
Best regards, Chuck
Charles H. Melander
Senior Vice President Operations & Quality Assurance